SEOUL (AFP) — A jilted South Korean has lost a court bid for repayment of the money he spent on his dates, a report said on Tuesday.
The Korea Times said the high court reversed a lower court ruling in favour of the 30-year-old, identified only as Park, who claimed he spent 10 million won (9,615 dollars) on his wooing.
It said a 27-year-old woman surnamed Im dumped Park in March last year.
The following month, he made her sign a written promise to repay the sum he allegedly spent on their dates. When Im failed to comply, he went to court.
The lower court ruled in his favour but the high court decided she had been coerced into signing the promise.
Copyright © 2013 AFP. All rights reserved. More »